Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Reading list

I'm looking forward to reading Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim To Help--And The Rest Of Us, the new book by Mona Charen, author of Useful Idiots (which I have not read).

Reading from my just-finished vacation:

  • David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day. A cousin-in-law gave it to me, and I'm glad I read it. It's a fast read (even for me, a laboriously slow reader). Mostly observations about Sedaris' life experiences. I even laughed aloud once.
  • Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Not sure why I waited so long to read this after reading Angels & Demons almost a year ago.

Another relative gave me How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) with assurances that it would help me communicate with my mother-in-law. Amusing tidbits from Coulter, even if not much of an effective tool for bridging the political divide.