News about news
Via Daniel Freedman, a survey on news consumption from The Pew Research Center. Here are a few snippets:
- Americans who regularly watch network TV news: 60% in 1993 and 28% in 2006.
- Americans who read a newspaper yesterday: 58% in 1994 and 40% in 2006.
- CNN, which has the highest viewer credibility in radio and televisions news, has also seen the largest decline in credibility since 1998. 60 Minutes has the second highest viewer credibility; ABC News, CBS News, NPR and MSNBC have the lowest.
- The Wall Street Journal and US News have the highest credibility in print media.
- Republicans trust Fox News Channel and The Wall Street Journal more than Democrats do.
- Democrats trust the other 16 media outlets in the study more than Republicans do.
- Get news from Weekly Standard, New Republic, Rush Limbaugh, New Yorker, Atlantic.
- Democrat or Independent
- Get news from CNBC, MSNBC, morning news shows, religious radio.