Saturday, October 23, 2004

Lawrence O'Donnell yapping at Swift Vet ankles; an entreaty to CNN and Fox

If you haven't seen MSNBC political analyst Lawrence O'Donnell's crack-up on national TV, here's the video. Every time Swift Vet John O'Neill talks, O'Donnell drowns him out by shouting, "lies." Michelle Malkin describes the interchange:
O'Neill was his usual calm, dignified self--trying civilly to inject facts into the hate-filled O'Donnell's tirades. I swear O'Donnell acted like he was on something. He looked and sounded absolutely crazed.
Until last week when I watched (and posted about) O'Donnell's description of Bush's belief in a "strange God" who would appeal to "very simple-minded religious people," I'd never paid much attention to O'Donnell. But he seems to be making quite a name for himself of late.

I do not watch much television (especially with the Yankee season over), but when I do watch, it tends to be between 10 and 11 p.m. And since I'm a news junkie, if I'm the one with the clicker, I tend to watch news. And the most interesting news show in that time slot is MSNBC's Scarborough Country, on which O'Donnell is an all-too-frequent guest. So I guess I'll be watching a lot of O'Donnell.

CNN and Fox News, I'm begging you, please come up with a palatable alternative. And not one that involves another new and fascinating point of view on the Laci Peterson case.